Friday, March 18, 2011

Nothing Like A Good Spot of Tea....

No I am not lounging around the house drinking tea this morning....I have actually been quite busy here.  Chores are done, the bread dough is rising, house is tidy...well as tidy as it gets with three kids trailing all that mud outside behind them...I even decided to make Spring official and hang a load of laundry on the clothesline this morning.


It was during all this activity that I just happened to notice this....


One very bright green patch of grass in the middle of the front pasture.  Now you need to remember that this is the first Spring owning our boys and although the breeder had told us the benefits of alpaca manure, we have never really seen it first hand....until today.  Yes that's right, that bright green patch just happens to be the exact same spot our boys chose as their 'honey pot' last year.

This of course got my curiosity up as to the best ways to use our supply....can you imagine making tea from alpaca poop?  Well you can!  A bucket as your 'tea pot', water and alpaca poop, let steep and VOILA!!!  You have yourself a wonderful spot of tea that your garden will love!  I even found this wonderful link that better explains the process.  Better stock up on some buckets to brew some tea for Andy's veggies this year.

Well time to get back to that bread dough...

2 comments:

  1. I love it! You finally have a touch of Spring! Happy "brewing" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaylen...I can hardly wait to post pictures of our new and improved garden :)

    ReplyDelete